Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Run Outdoors! Go shopping!

I love running outdoors in the winter. Despite the fact that you are freezing your balls off for about the first quarter mile, getting outside in this slightly cabin-fever prone season is great. Though the initial motivation is difficult, it is actually less of a time commitment than getting all your stuff together, going to the gym, working out and then heading home. You just throw on your sneakers and go, in the time in which it takes to travel to the gym you are already half done with your workout.

I decided that the only way I was going to get motivated to start running outdoors in the winter was to get a cute outfit involved. I invested in some Under Armour "cold gear" that will keep you warm running on Antarctica.   The combination of the warmth factor and the significant financial investment that went into procuring this outfit drove me out in the cold. You also look like a hard ass- head to toe in skin tight black spandex-- so that helps. Almost four winters later here I am circling the reservoir in Central Park.

This week was half running half competing in some sort of luge event, as the paths around the park were straight ice and snow. As a result of going slow,  in an attempt to not bite the dust, I was able to take some nice snap shots of the crisp winter day...



2 comments:

  1. I love running in the winter! You are so right about it taking half the time of getting dressed, driving to the gym, working out, driving home.... yadada. Last winter, i bravely went running in the tail end of a snowstorm (full of reflecter gear) and it was awesome! Its a whole other world. I love the blog Liv! xoxox K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love running in the tail ends of extreme weather-- it makes it more exciting-- anything to spice up the routine! and it does feel like a whole other world! thanks for reading lovie, glad you like!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete