Monday, January 24, 2011

F

Just wanted to give an update on the list of "To-Dos" I posted 'here', specifically, the Knitting Project. I took on my first project knitting "on the round" which means you are knitting with circular needles, creating a tube, instead of a flat knitted piece-- think sock instead of scarf. I have always heard that knitting on the round is tricky so I was pleasantly surprised to find my first endeavor going swimmingly! Here is the email chain below between me and CLP, knitting extraordinaire, excuse the profanity please.

 















F**k

LCM to CLP
show details 3:51 PM (21 hours ago)

Shit got twisted on the round. A number of questions ensuing -
1. If I backtrack, can I untwist?
2. What the hell makes it twist in the first place and how can I avoid this happening again?

Balls.

Best,
L********M*******

Sent via mobile.
Please excuse any typos!



REPLY:
CLP p***********@gmail.com to me


You may have to restart. You just have to make sure its not twisted when you are joining them the first time. Sometimes i knit a couple rows straight back and forth first before joining them so i can see which side is which


----------
Sent from the Verizon network using Mobile Email

 
CLP to me


I hope you figured it out! Send me a picture!

----------
Sent from the Verizon network using Mobile Email



LCM to CLP
show details 8:32 AM (5 hours ago)

F, I am F-ed I believe. I am going to go into PURL to see if they can cast me on correctly
ugh.
i knew that was too easy.

Best,
L********M*******

Sent via mobile.
Please excuse any typos!

No comments:

Post a Comment