Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Obits

I have a strange fascination with the obituary. I never actually read the full obit; I just love the titles-- they remind me of a haiku-- the summation of a whole life in a one line snapshot. Interestingly enough,  they are often comical.  I have been collecting some favorites over the past year-- here they are!


Roy Pinney, Man of Snakes, Baby Photos and Adventure, Is Dead at 98

Fred Goldhaber, 63, Dies; Taught at School for Gays

Howard Van Hyning, Percussionist and Gong Enthusiast, Dies at 74

Pontiac, 84, Dies of Indifference

John Huchra Dies at 61; Maps Altered Ideas on Universe

Morrie Yohai, 90, the Man Behind Cheez Doodles, Is Dead

Gerald Roush, Font of Ferrari Knowledge, Is Dead at 68

I will keep my eye out for some more good ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment