Thursday, January 20, 2011

Didn't Turn Out Like I Planned....

So the intention of this blog was to share the fun, exciting, new and/or otherwise interesting parts of life, and, in the process of sharing, remember to appreciate them all myself. What was that trend I mentioned about my projects never turning out as planned?

Turns out I do not really have the time to do many of those fun exciting things, let alone blog about them;  I am more tied up in work, spinning, figuring out what I am taking for lunch tomorrow, trying to replace all the things in my closet that LEAP out every time I look away for even just a second...yadda yadda.  Rather than regale you with the life and times of day to day maintenance, I have decided to publish a list of the fun/exciting/otherwise things I WILL do this week...in the whole two days that are left. yikes!

  • Go to PURL and pick out a new project. I am so desperate for a knitting project that I am currently working on my friend's project that she left at my house...won't she be pleased when she finds it half done upon her return! I have also been abstaining from PURL because my new year's resolution was no spending when I do not have the cash to back it up. So a small surplus this week is exciting! 
  • Go through the NEW Martha Stewart Living that arrived yesterday and pick out ONE project amidst the many to try this weekend. I know, how ridiculous is it that we receive Martha Stewart Living-- no idea why it comes to the apartment, but it does, and it satisfies that strange-o need for order and perfection referenced 'here'. Though I have yet to execute even one project layed out so beautifully in its pages, just reading them, and admiring their simplistic elegance is satisfying in itself...
  • Head home to CT for the weekend to lead an arctic dig to recover the driveway, walkways and front/back steps of my mom's house
  • Bake some sort of savory scone-- I was thinking cheddar dill. mmmm.

It is obvious from this list that the craziness which is called my life has become slightly overwhelming and driven me to middle-aged crafts. Whatever. 

This afternoon I am getting to spend time with sister LM and niece MRM, lucky me! You can read about their A-Dorable exploits, 'here', LM is so crafty and creative, her projects, cooking, sewing, jewelry making,  inspire me left and right! 


3 comments:

  1. I just had an experience where I went into my closet and everything had leaped onto the floor. Shoes, clothes, clothes I didn't even know I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously---- things you dont even know you own. maybe it is there desperate attempt to get worn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear the last day off I had I organized the closet... what happens in there when the door closes?

    ReplyDelete