Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cheap Sushi!




Suddenly this blog seems to be dedicated to the pursuit of cheap food. "Cheap Sushi" is on the corner of St Marks and Ave A- believe me, its worth hauling yourself all the way over to Alphabet Soup. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, Cheap Sushi, actually called Sushi Lounge,  is 50% off, all the time. Literally, the have a sign that says, 50% off, every day, all day. And its true, I have now been a patron for about three years and it is indeed half off.

Now, for some of you, this deal might actually be a turn off, Sushi is one of those foods that you don't really want to cut corners with, but, I swear, its good. They have interesting, yummy rolls, their fish always tastes fresh and they have the BEST house salad I have ever had- the ginger dressing is SOOO yummy that I usually drink the left over dressing at the bottom of the bowl (it's naughty!). I could not be more of a fan, and everyone I have ever brought has happily returned with friends of their own.

The ultimate night out (I know, our lives are sooo exciting) for me and AZN is Cheap Sushi, followed by no holds barred visit to 16 Handles- the 'Purl' of yogurt-- 16 flavors, serve yourself, full toppings bar. Peanut Butter yogurt=game ova.



1 comment:

  1. There is a place here in Portland that has 1/2 price sushi during happy hour but somehow it is happy hour all the time. Weird. Why not just make 1/2 price be the regular price?

    ReplyDelete