Friday, January 28, 2011

It's Friggin' Snowy!

Good Lord, I felt like Shackleton ('here')  coming out of the subway the night before last! Last winter was snowy and the city's relationship with snow removal in Harlem was, shall we say, loose. I remember getting to my subway stop and looking down the two flights of stairs that completely did not exist, they had been replaced by a long, steep, snowy ramp. I literally held onto the railing and slid down on my back. Totally ridiculous. Harlem was pretty much a glacier for most of Jan/Feb, which was sort of fun, I have to say.

This winter, down in Soho, snow removal is swift and efficient. In fact, there is a HUGE industrial dumpster outside of my apartment and I realized yesterday that is full to the brim with snow....this could be interesting when it begins to melt and creates a slow tsunami traveling down my block. That being said, there is a lot of snow and trash on the sidewalks, it is a strange combo.

Anyways, here a are some pics of the snowy world in which we live.











No comments:

Post a Comment