Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Well, I would not describe them as Tasty....

OK, the Whole Wheat Skillet Cookie(s) are in the oven. No surprise, there was some improvisation.

Obstacles
  1. No sifter-- does a colander work in its place? we shall see..
  2. No electric mixer-- does putting the bowl on the stove (hoping the heat will loosen up the "cold butter" the recipe calls for) and a fork work in its place? 
  3. These unsweetened chocolate chips taste like shit-- do they improve once cooked??? the woman assured me that "bittersweet" meant unsweetened, I hope she knew what she was talking about...
    • Live update here- confirmation that the two are infact, different. ugh
  4. Do one nine inch skillet and one 6 inch skillet work in place of one ten inch skillet?
 
Well, here they are. I would not describe them as tasty...But, as promised, it's a nice pic, no?

1 comment:

  1. I rarely sift anything. Usually I mix dry ingredients and then whisk in the bowl but that colander looks sifter-esque.
    You cream the butter with the sugar which basically just means try with all your might to mix the sugar and the cold butter with a big spoon until they become one. You generally don't want to heat the butter because that changes the texture of the final product.
    I used two 8 inch pans. It worked out fine but because I used different flours mine came out kind of lighter in texture than I think was intended.

    ReplyDelete