Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Brow Bar/Low Bar/Dive Bar

I am telling myself that the 3 day weekend got me out of the groove. I promise to be better. I am, as CLP likes to say, a SLAVE to my routine. Everyday, the same thing, over and over-- and sometimes, when an excuse to throw it out the window presents itself, say in the form of a three day weekend, everything goes to hell. And baby, I am on or off. Either its all happening, or not a damn thing is happening.  As soon as I let one thing go, like deciding, what the hell, I am not going to gym, its like literally opening the flood gates. Not only do I stop going to the gym, I completely disregard nutrional eating, I sleep til 11, forget flossing, dishes pile up, room looks like its inhabited by a banshee, blog gets totally neglected etc etc. Whew, by the time Wednesday rolled around, I was like, someone has to reign me in.

Yikes! It's Wednesday and nothing interesting has happened in days, except the slow decline of my quality of life! Well this is not entirely true, but I have not managed to bring my freaking camera out of the house with me (rouinte meet window) and therefore you just have to pretty much take my word for it.

Somehow, while not doing a damn thing I was supposed to be doing, I  managed to go to Williamsburg twice since Sunday-- and not just like a hop off the L Williamsburg but actual deep in, like no way I could have found my way home on my own, taking the J train. Ha. Who knew there was so much abandoned industrial factory space out there, just waiting to be explored? Leave it to "???" ( wouldn't you like to know....)  to know the most out of the way, end of an alley, climb through hole in fence hang out on the waterfront in Green Point. I felt like I was in The Outsiders (anyone read that one?) and yes, it was worth the walk-- even though I started bitching about half way in. 



Saturday AZN and I headed out for a business clothes shopping trip and made it home four hours later with me having convinced her to dye her eyelashes and wax her eyebrows ( all for the first time ) with not a work appropriate outfit to our names. Bumma. That being said the Boom Boom Brow Bar on 7th Ave in-between 12th and 13th is a-mazing. They do a great job-- though our lady may have been a little over zealous on the sell-- trying to convince me that I should dye my eyelashes-- I was like, woman, how much darker can they get?? My eyebrows, though, have never looked so good. And though AZN looks like a racoon here, her lashes and brows came out faaabulously.


While waiting to her to finish her forehead make-over I headed to DR next door and was drawn into the fragrence section. Turns out for only $15 you can smell just like Dirt, a Wet Garden or, best yet, DOTS. What's a city girl to do when she wants to smell like she has been rolling around on a grassy knowl? Is that even how you spell that word? Knoll? Who Know-lls. Hehe. 






In other news, I have decided I HATE my haircut ( I know, just after I got all preachy about looking fucking fabulous, ugh) and that I wake up every morning looking like ZZ Top. It's my fault, not Heart's, she did exactly what I asked, I just asked for something that is so wrong. So now I am actively engaged in the exciting activity of "waiting for my hair to grow". I am telling you, things are getting so exciting around here, sometimes I forget where I am. 

I will post pics of the disastrous state of living quarters later, just for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment