Monday, April 11, 2011

Tri- Anything Once!!

Inspired by my fabulous sister MM, I have registered for the Block Island Triathlon!  I have always wanted to do a triathlon, but a few things have been holding me back:
  1. I HATE competition. That feeling of your stomach flipping right before you take off, don't like it. This is why I was never a good competitor, just trying to beat someone else makes me nervous and unhappy, while most people respond to this by pushing themselves, I respond to this by stressing out and slowing down.
  2. I have always been a terrible biker, an ok runner, and a great swimmer, so the ratio of swim:run:bike has always turned me off...I can swim for miles, but up until recently I could barely scale small hills on a bike and running is just pretty miserable all around.
These factors aside, I am also tired of working out just for the hell of it and I am hoping that a good motivator will put a spring in my step!

Not sure how to train for this baby, so please, if anyone has any tips they would like to share, send them my way.



July 30th. Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment