Thursday, April 14, 2011

Life's Important Questions

Taking care of my girls two days a week has turned out to be one of my favorite parts of my routine.  I flashback to the day I did not get into my dream grad school.  I walked downtown to pick them up, crying the whole way. Ha, this in itself was a sight, being as it was St. Patrick's Day and I was pushing myself through 70 blocks of drunk green idiots. Somehow, despite feeling like I would never laugh again, their energy and happiness was infectious. By the end of the evening, I smiled again.

Fast forward two years and shock! life went on. Today T really got to the heart of life's big questions. While standing at the cheese display at Gourmage (Gourmet Garage), munching on her second helping of the sample,  she looked up at me and said: "Vinia, I am not sure whether I want to be a fashion designer, or a paleontologist..."



While I sit here, trying to grow out my mullet, I too ponder these important questions. By the way, SG recently sent me this photo, entitled: "Your Haircut!".  Bumma.


No comments:

Post a Comment