Monday, April 4, 2011

How much more you got? Can I put my cloths back on?

What the hell have I been doing in my absence you ask? Well, not a lot, but one very important activity occurred. After arriving home from CT two weekends ago, I stared into the closet.



DISASTER! As I have mentioned in the past, every time I turn my back, literally every unorganized item of clothing LEAPS out of my closet and wanders around on the floor until I stuff it back some where where it does not really belong. I realized, standing their staring at the disaster, that I had not worn many of these items since college- yet managed to move them, home from College, to Brooklyn, home from Brooklyn, to Harlem, home from Harlem and finally, here to SoHo. Basically, I have just been HAULING a dud wardrobe back and forth across state lines for oh, the past four years.

I have a hard time letting go of cloths in the past, but apparently I am over it. I started ripping things from the shelves, throwing them in piles in the hallway. Enter my roommate, eager to try on her favorite pieces from the rubble. She begins to put on and take off the rapid fire stream of discarded clothing shooting out the closet door...soon she asks, "how much more you got? Can I put my cloths back on??" About an hour later, she has inherited enough of my discard that she realizes she needs to start cleaning out her side...She as well has a hard time giving up on old favorites.



This was one of my favorite pieces from AZN's closet. Apparently, no, she has not been moonlighting as a magician.


As the evening went on, the pile grew.


What a gem. Somehow, when I wore this, I did not think I looked like I was in costume as Snoop Dogg.



The funny thing is that though we have enough time to clean out the closet, we apparently do not have the time to get all the rejects rounded up and donated. The pile is STILL in our hallway, waiting for transport. 

Just last Friday, as I ran out the door, I reached down and grabbed a sweater from the top of the pile...haven't worn this in a million years, I thought, but I didn't have time to go dig through the closet to find the sweaters I actually wear...

But man, the closet looks freaking GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment