Monday, March 21, 2011

Technically, in the Dosey Doe...

This past week I think my sister, LM, and I were running a race for who could not update their blog for the longest. I won. Sorry. For some reason, life seems busier lately and I am still basking in the glory of my gym fire. This week, I will be better. I swear, do not give up on me yet.


Saturday morning I was on the 8:16 train to Ronkonkoma. Obviously, I was early, so I was sitting in PENN Station at 7:30 AM, working. So engrossed in fact that almost missed the train I was close to 40 minutes early for. Ha. Got the train and was passing through Hicksville before 9AM. 




I was heading out to LI at the crack of dawn to be wedding date for one of oldest and bestest, the incredible tenor VBV. I can not fully disclose the circumstances of the wedding/date but let's just say I was taken aback the phrase "the wife is submissive to the husband" being thrown around without the bat of an eye. Scanning the crowd,  hoping to see someone else looking as horrified as I, but no, it seemed I was the only one aware of the fact that we were indeed still in the 21st century. Leaving everything else aside, the DJ was rocking some pretty funny throwback tunes, like, Cotton Eyed Joe-- actually I am not even sure that qualifies as throwback....not sure where it fits in. Anyways, its not every day you get to Dosey Doe, so VBV and I were tearing it up ( still all before 12 PM, I know, serious). In the middle of the square dancing confusion, legs flying in all directions, VBV turns to me and shouts, TECHNICALLY, IN THE DOSEY DOE, THE ARMS ARE NOT INTERLOCKED!!!" Ha. Good to know, would not want to destroy a classic.

Spent Sunday wandering up and down the west side with ALP and his new phone,  that SG insists on calling"the super computer",  which can google something at the speed of light but holds a charge for about 10-15 minutes. Ha. Found this little "beach" along the west side highway, as close as we are going to get in these parts, a little pathetic, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment