Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's HERE!



The iPad has arrived!! After spending the last week at the fedex shipping facility in Hong Kong, suddenly, overnight, it had arrived! To say I am excited would be an understatement, it is everything I thought it would be.

An important step in this process was letting go of the need to justify this purchase. Many people asked (and rightfully so), why do you need it? What are you going to use it for? At first,  I tried to come up with good answers for these probing questions, which of course led to the realization that is a completely superfluous and extravagant purchase. This realization made me feel a little guilty. Obviously,  I overcame this guilt, and have abandoned all attempts to justify. I am really excited and I love it. That is all the explanation I am giving.

What I really need here is help with app selection. I feel like there are so many cool apps out there, I just do not know where to look for them! Please, all 18 of you who read this blog, send me cool ideas!!

To remind myself of how excited I was with this purchase, I had it engraved with a special message:




3 comments:

  1. Download the google App, Netflix, WebMD (so you can freak yourself out when you only have a common cold :)), Muji To Go, Kindle reader for IPAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my nails and hair done today, and as i was driving around i started feeling bad about it, because its totally unecessary, superfluous (sp?) and definetly self indulgent with a nice price tag attatched. But then i remebered your blog and i was like fuck it! I deserve this, i wanted it and i feel goood. :-) i dont need to justify. just thought id share. p.s. DONT STOP BLOGGING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SCRABBLE!!! you absolutely must get the scrabble app. It is the funnest thing ever. btw, scrabble probably won't accept funnest as a word, but that's ok. Enjoy the ipad.

    ReplyDelete