Thursday, May 5, 2011

Coulda Shoulda Did Not.

Wowzer. There is nothing that makes you wish you went to the gym in the morning more than facing a rainy, mid 40's afternoon run around the reservoir in Central Park. The old- not training for the triathlon- me might have just bagged the whole thing and went to the Muffin Cafe for a biscotti and decaf iced latte (the favorite, if very rare afternoon treat)-- but the new me is driven by the brutal images of a four mile beach run. Motivation was lower than low, but I suited up and hit the pavement. Pleasant surpise was that what I believed to be was a slightly superfluous purchase of a SUPER cute
all weather running jacket turned out to be clutch in this moment. Nothing sillier than running in a hooded rain jacket, but I made it work.

The important thing I need to remember about all weather outdoor activity is that it is almost always enjoyable once you get out there. It was so beautiful yesterday, so green and it felt wonderful to get outside. No to mention that you feel like a navy seal running in the absolute pouring rain- which by the way it was only doing WHILST I was running- of course.

These pics were taken through the zip lock bag that was holding my iPhone. Effective!



No comments:

Post a Comment